Our TTC Journey
- Decide we wanna make a baby!
- Decide on target TTC month (August 2011)
- Start charting (oral temping). bad chart. blah.
- Continue charting (vaginal temping).
- Get impatient with August 2011 date and bump it up to June 2011.
- Register with cryobank.
- Realize that A’s schedule is too crazy, prepping for quals and possible program switch… agree to change to C’s womb instead.
- C keeps temping
- We’re going for it!!!
- April 29=CD1
- May 2 order two vials of sperm (for the low low cost of $657!!!)
- Friday May 13… Cd14, expected ovulation day. No +OPK.
- First insemination Saturday May 14,without OPK confirmation of ovulation. We saw her temp spike and decided to DO IT.
- Sunday May 15, false alarm. Temp back down. Still have one remaining vial, keep peeing on sticks to get an OPK
- Dewar due back on Monday. We decide to keep it an extra day, continue testing through Tuesday, and take it back Tuesday night if no +OPK
- Tuesday May 17- faint positive OPK 6pm that evening, definite positive 10pm!!! The Dewar stays another day!!!
- Wednesday May 18, insem at 4pm, 18 hours past +OPK
- BFN #1
July – September 2011
- Decide to use A’s uterus, continue charting.
- Started talking with Known Donor
- Signed contract.
- No confirm +OPK
- Insemination with Known Donor 14 days past 1 day of menstrual cycle
- BFN #2
- Appt. with OB, diagnosed with erratic ovulation. Prescribed 50 mg Clomid.
- 1st day of cycle December 18th, after a 70 day cycle.
- Took clomid days 5-9 of cycle
- Got +OPK January 4th, day 18 of cycle, road trip to Chicago to meet with KD, insemination that night.
- Very faint BFP FRER HPT on Tuesday, 12DPO
- Darker BFP FRER HPT on Wednesday, 13DPO
- Confirmed BFP with Digital HPT Thursday, 14DPO, WE’RE PREGNANT!!!!!!
- 1st OB appt. January 25th, for test and blood draw.