Raising a Blended Family

104.3 fever?!?

on November 28, 2011

Thing One woke up this morning with a scary fever- 104.3 and CLIMBING???

This is after some ibuprofen and after she went to bed last night with a 103.7 fever.  We gave her some ibu then, too, and the fever went down to 101 so we felt comfortable letting her go to bed, and gave her ibu throughout the night (right before we went to bed at 11 and then again at 3).  This morning I gave her some ibu and… nothing.  Fever still high.  I’m sitting here waiting for the nurse line to call back and tell me what to do- Thing One has never had a fever this high before.  It’s scary!

To top it all off, Shorty had to leave for work as this is her first day as a Sgt. and she needs to at least show up (even if she leaves later on)… so I get to sit at home and worry by myself while she goes to work and worries there.  And this damn nurse line has had me on hold for 10 minutes!

Guess we’ll see what they say but I’m thinking a trip to the hospital is in our future.  Poor little girl.


****edited to add: the nurse line sent us to the ER, so we’re here now and the doctor is running a bunch of tests to try to see what it is. She said it could be a nasty case of strep or maybe an upper respiratory infection?


10 responses to “104.3 fever?!?

  1. Alison says:

    Oh no! Poor thing…I hope she’s feeling better and SOON! Try not to worry (tho I’m sure that’s impossible) and fingers crossed the nurse line gets back with you quickly!

  2. Poor little one! I hope they figure it out and she feels better very soon!

  3. X says:

    Hope she feels better soon and that you all get what I am sure is much needed rest!

  4. Aww so sad! I hope she starts feeling better soon.

  5. Nina says:

    How very miserable and scary. I hope everything gets better very soon. Hugs to all.

  6. Oh, I’m so sorry. Hope things are on the upswing. Thinking about you guys…..

  7. I hope the ER was able to give you some help getting the fever down.

    Our little one is going through his first fever (first illness, actually). It’s scary. We also called Telehealth and we were able to get a doctor to do a house call, which was nice. This morning we took him to the pediatrician. The advice is all similar: Tylenol or Ibeprofin as directed. Cool clothing. Maybe a cool bath. Lots of fluids. Not too worry to much about the number, and base our reaction (i.e. whether to go to ER) more on how the baby is acting. I thought we were in the clear this morning, but his temperature went back up when we stopped giving him medication, so we’re back on the Tylenol. There seems to be an improvement.

    All the best.

  8. I hope the hospital is able to help, and that T1 is feeling better by now! (And you guys, as I know it’s not fun worrying about a sick kid.)

  9. Lesboparentstobe says:

    How scary! I hope she’s on the mend. Keep us posted. Hugs.

  10. candice says:

    Oh no! hope she is better now. waiting for an update on how she is!

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: